dominos

shopclues

amazon offers today india

cleartrip coupon code for domestic flights

globalnin.com

Home / Featured / Seven-week-old baby has lucky escape as e-cigarette explodes into flames

Seven-week-old baby has lucky escape as e-cigarette explodes into flames

 

A baby had a lucky escape after an e-cigarette exploded just a few feet from him.

Steve Lewis, 38, had noticed a strange smell coming from the device as he fed his seven-week-old son.

Seconds later it exploded in flames after the quick-thinking dad had wrapped it in a dressing gown.

He and his wife Crystal, 34, were feeding their youngest child Varney when he noticed the stench.

“I leaned out of bed and lifted the plug and e-cig up to my nose, and the smell was definitely coming from that. It was red hot” he said.

Steve, from Blackpool, Lancs, said he unplugged it and wrapped it his dressing gown.

He added: “The next minute, there was an almighty bang and it set on fire. I dropped it on the floor.”

The E cig that exploded just yards away from a baby (Photo: SWNS)

Steve managed to extinguish the fire . The couple’s other children, six-year-old twins Chanelle and Demi, and Serenna, two, were taken downstairs as the home’s smoke alarms sounded.

Two fire engines arrived and watch manager Mark Warwick said: “This family were very lucky the e-cigarette was charging in the bedroom and they became aware of the problem so quickly.

“At this stage we are still examining the battery, lead, and e-cigarette to try to establish where the fault came from.

“We would like to take this opportunity to remind the public the correct charging units should always be used with e-cigarettes.

“We would also prefer e-cigarettes not to be left charging overnight.”

About unclejude

Check Also

Enugu Watch 20th November 2017

Share with us What you think about Enugu State, What the Government has Done and …

Leave a Reply

Be the First to Comment!

Notify of
avatar
wpDiscuz
%d bloggers like this: